| Home > Join NANDA-I > Membership Categories and Fees
NANDA-I Regular Membership fees are based on a three-tier structure which categorizes countries of the world as Country Class I, Country Class II and Country Class III. We base our Country Class Structure on an on an adaptation of the World Bank’s classification of countries by income, which is also adapted by the United Nations and the World Health Organization.* It is our hope this will enable more individuals with interest in the work of NANDA-I, to participate in setting the future direction of the organization.
(based on country of residence)
$125 USD Per Year: Class I Country
$ 90 USD Per Year: Class II Country
$ 65 USD Per Year: Class III Country
- Open to those who meet their country's requirements for professional nursing licensure.
- Regular Members vote, hold office and serve on committees.
- Members in all Country fee categories receive all membership benefits, including online access to the International Journal of Nursing Knowledge at no additional charge.
The NANDA-I Student Membership Fee is available to members whose
undergraduate student status has been verified with NANDA International.
Student status is NOT available for students in post-graduate,
master´s, doctoral or specialization courses of study. Student status
verification letters must be on official letterhead of your University,
and must be signed by your academic advisor or program dean. The letter
must specify the year of your educational program (e.g., senior year,
last semester, third year, etc.), and that this is an educational
program for your first nursing degree. Click here for Sample Student Verification Letter.
(for verified student memberships)
$ 50 USD Per Year
- Open to matriculating undergraduate students.
- Verification of student status required for $50 fee.
- Student membership is limited to three years, after which members are
welcome to renew either as a Regular Member (if eligible) or as an
- Student Members do not vote, hold office or serve on committees, however are welcome to participate in all other activities of the Association.
Fee $ 80 USD Per Year
- Open to those who have retired from active nursing practice.
- Retired Members vote, hold office and serve on committees.
Fee $125 USD Per Year
- Open to vendors and organizations relating to nursing education, practice, research or representation (e.g. ANA).
- Associate Members do not vote, hold office or serve on committees, however are welcome to participate in all other activities of the Association.